Hexamethyldisilazane is a colorless, transparent, flowable liquid. The boiling point of 125 ° C, the relative density of 0.76 (20 / 4 ° C). Soluble in organic solvents, when contacting with air, it will be rapidly hydrolyzed to form trimethylsilanol and hexamethyldisiloxane. Flashpoint -1 ° C. It is easily hydrolyzed, releasing NH3 to form hexamethyldisiloxane.
Hexamethyldisilazane uses in industry
1. It is used for the production of rubber.
2. The product is a tailing agent for reducing the adsorption activity on the surface of the gas chromatograph carrier.
3. It can be used for the surface treatment of powders such as diatomaceous earth, white carbon black and titanium. Its mechanism of action is the condensation of silicon-nitrogen bonds with silanol groups.
4. It is used as a bonding aid for photoetching agents in the semiconductor industry.
5. Special organic synthesis: In the organosilazane chemistry, it can be used for chlorine exchange with chlorosilane monomers to obtain polysilazane. Compared to the direct ammonia method, this method has a huge advantage in synthesis.
6. It can be used as a precipitant for coatings.
7. It can be used as an auxiliary agent for silicon carbide fibers to improve the heat resistance and strength of silicon carbide fibers.
Hexamethyldisilazane uses in medicine
1. Silanization reagent, which can be used in the production of ketamine.
2. Hexamethyldisilazane is a pharmaceutical intermediate of amikacin and is a hydroxyl and amino protecting agent;
Silylation in the synthesis of amikacin, penicillin, cephalosporin, fluorouracil and various penicillin derivatives. These are just part of hexamethyldisilazane uses.