The Si-O-Si bond of siloxane has a long bond length, a large bond angle, and is easy to rotate. Its steric hindrance to side chain rotation is small, the molecular volume is large, and the cohesive energy density is low, which makes the free rotation of the side groups be relatively easy, and it has the characteristics of low glass transition temperature, low surface tension and surface energy, low solubility parameters and low dielectric constant.
products can be classified into three categories: silicone oil, silicone rubber, and silicone. Siloxane is stable to heat and chemicals, is not wetted by water, has outstanding aging resistance, excellent hydrophobicity and electrical insulation. It is used as a fire retardant, lubricant, and moisture barrier. And, siloxane is used to make fiber reinforcement. Silicone rubber is also used in adhesives and sealing materials.
Specific properties of siloxane
(1) Construction solids are >90%, meeting emission requirements.
(2) Excellent toughness and adhesion on the surface of metal and cement substrates.
(3) It does not use isocyanate cross-linking to eliminate toxicity to the human body.
(4) Pure siloxane is not flammable, and even if it is organically modified, its fire resistance grade and toxic gas generation amount are significantly improved compared with ordinary paints.
(5) Excellent radiation resistance, good chemical resistance ensure good nuclear pollution purification performance.
(6) UV resistance, oxidation resistance, high-temperature resistance and corrosion resistance.
Siloxane is a colorless or light yellow transparent liquid, hydrophobic, oleophobic, with high boiling point and low freezing point, good heat resistance, and chemical stability, applied to various industries as chemical auxiliaries; The most common one of these siloxane uses is the use of silicone as a defoamer, hydraulic oils, advanced lubricants, filler surface treatments and demulsifiers, latex accelerators for a wide range of industries, as well as building materials, textiles, paper and Waterproofing/water reducing agent for many other substances, lubricants, mold release agents for plastics industry, hair moisturizer for personal care, foam stabilizer for foamed polyurethane. Also, it can be used as a leveling agent in the agricultural ink coating industry. At the same time, it is a good electrical insulator.