What is the silicone potting compound？
Silicone potting compound is divided into two kinds of single-component and two-component, the use of different components of the product and the use of the field has a great difference. Silicone potting compounds can achieve sealing, bonding, waterproof, shockproof, electrical insulation, thermal resistance, and flame retardant after fast curing to form soft pliable rubber protecting sensitive components. To achieve this mechanical strength performance, there are great requirements for quality and the construction process.
To make good quality silicone potting adhesive, there are requirements for environmental protection level, there should not be too much restriction on the field of use, and need to have temperature resistance performance. XJY silicones focus on the silicone industry for more than thirty years, can provide customized silicone potting adhesive application solutions, for a wide broad range of electronic applications, and can be applied to new energy, military, medical, aviation, shipping, electronics, automotive, instruments, power, high-speed rail and other typical applications.
- Silicone potting compounds manual application operation process
- Reasons and solutions for silicone encapsulant not curing
- Why won't silicone potting compounds cure?
- How to solve the problem of not curing?
- What are the advantages of potting compounds bonding method?
- What factors should be considered when using silicone potting adhesives?
- XJY Silicones - First choice raw material supplier of silicone potting adhesives
What is silicone potting compounds manual application operation process
B. Weighing: A and B agents are taken in a weight ratio of 3:10, and after mixing A and B agents, they should be fully stirred evenly;
C. Deaeration: The mixture should be vacuumed (≤-0.1Mpa) to remove air bubbles (the glue filling process of the equipment is carried out in the fully closed state of the machine pipeline, and the mixture does not need to be deaerated);
D. Pouring: pour the rubber compound into the parts to complete the potting operation (the surface of the parts and the mixing container should be kept dry and clean before potting, and it is recommended to bake the poured device at 70-80 ℃ for 1~2 hours);
F. Curing: Curing the potted product at room temperature.
During the construction of the two-component silicone potting compound, the AB tissue needs to be stirred respectively, and then the B component is placed in the A component and fully stirred again. If there is uneven stirring in any stirring link, it will lead to poor quality of the cured product, and even the performance of the upper and lower layers of the cured product will change.
Reasons and solutions for silicone encapsulant not curing
In industries such as electronic appliances, silicone potting encapsulation is used to seal and protect printed circuit boards electronic equipment, and other products. After normal curing, it will form silicone rubbers to isolate dust, humidity, moisture, etc., to withstand the changes of high and low operating temperatures, and protect the components and power supplies to work stably. But the adhesive will be no cure or difficult to cure under different conditions and environments. Once it cannot be cured normally, it must be solved immediately.
Why won't silicone potting compounds cure?
2. The curing time is not long enough, and the next step is carried out in a hurry. Or the curing temperature is too low, so the adhesive can not complete curing. Especially in winter, the temperature is lower and the curing time needs to be extended.
3. The adhesive has expired, and it may undergo qualitative changes after the shelf life, and it cannot be used normally. Check the expiration date before using and don't use expired products.
4. In the process of use, it may be in contact with compounds such as nitrogen, phosphorus or sulfur, and it may also be in contact with products such as unsaturated polyester or polyurethane, resulting in the phenomenon of "poisoning".
How to solve the problem of not curing?
1. Regularly calibrate the electronic scale, accurately weigh the AB component, and then stir it.
2. During winter, the adhesive can be preheated or cured by heating.
4. Keep the working environment safe and keep away from products that will react with silicone potting compounds.
5. Store in accordance with the instructions in the manual and maintain good ventilation conditions.
In addition, every time using silicone potting compound, the material should be stirred. Curing is a step-by-step process that will only become stronger until the substrates and interior are fully cured.
What are the advantages of potting compounds bonding method?
When using silicone potting adhesive, either manual potting or mechanical potting can be used. Experienced users will choose manual bonding, if not necessary will not use mechanical to bond. So what are the advantages of manual bonding?
The stress is distributed more widely. During the casting process, the stress of the potting adhesive is distributed over a wide range, which is somewhat stronger than mechanical bonding. At the same time, the adhesive's bonding strength, as well as stability, is improved, and better performance is achieved.
More economical and cost-saving. Compared with mechanical bonding methods, manual bonding is more cost-effective and not slow. It can be bonded to a wide variety of materials, resisting corrosion and protected from the elements. Even when subjected to high temperatures, it does not expand quickly but plays its part honestly.
There are no strict requirements for bonding materials. When using potting adhesive, it is possible to bond with materials that are not so easy to bond, except that the base surface needs to be treated in advance. When the two are firmly bonded successfully, is there any worry that the adhesive cannot play a valuable role?
What factors should be considered when using silicone potting adhesives?
Consider the stress situation. This parameter is very important and is related to the ability to resist external forces and the length of service life. Most silicone encapsulants have a decent stress profile and can withstand a certain range of pressure with little or no problem.
Consider the usage environment. Whether there is corrosion, moisture, etc., it can effectively resist these external factors and make the adhesive work normally.
In addition, the properties of the materials have to be considered to see if silicone rubbers and substrates can bond together. The base surface should be effectively treated in advance to remove impurities or polish to improve the bonding strength.
XJY Silicones - First choice raw material supplier of silicone potting adhesives
|XJY Silicones, one of China's leading Silicone MQ resin and VMQ silicones manufacturers, has 30+ years of R&D and manufacturing experience and 15+ related patents and technical assistance in the silicone industry. XJY Silicones is delivering tailored adhesive solutions according to your applications requiring specifications. Our hydrogen-containing silicone oil and vinyl silicone oil can provide low viscosity series.|